Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1 orange, thinly sliced with peel
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, halved and smashed
- 1 kg skirt steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225ml lager
- 115ml soy sauce
1) In a wide, shallow glass baking dish, scatter half of the orange slices, half of the onion slices and half of the garlic pieces on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the steak all over with salt and pepper and put in the dish on top of the orange and onion slices. Scatter the remaining orange, onion and garlic over the steak and pour in the beer and soy sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for one hour at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
2) prepare a barbecue on medium-high heat or preheat a grill. Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the steak to desired taste, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Notes Grilled skirt steak sliced into strips is a great feeling for tacos. Top with shredded cheese and beans, or use your favorite taco filling!